Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Grandaughter

Hi honey, this is Grandpa. You haven't even been born yet, but you should be arriving in just a few days. I can't wait to meet you. I know you are going to be beautiful and healthy. I just wanted to tell you a few things. I know you won't understand any of this for a long time, but just humor an old man OK?

First of all, I hope you know how blessed you are to be born into the family you have. You have a very loving Mommy and Daddy who will take very good care of you. And you have a cool big brother who will love you and show you all the neat ways to get into trouble.

Grandpa Garry and Papa Jeff will rock you to sleep, bounce you on our knees, and love you with all our hearts. Grandma Diane and Grandma Julia will teach you how play with dolls, sing lullabies to you and show you how to grow up to be a fine young woman. You are a very blessed little girl.

Already you have captured my heart
Even now you have my love
As you prepare to enter this world
A place you know nothing of.

First thing you'll hear is your Mommy's voice
You will feel her loving embrace
Then the strong hands of your Daddy
As he softly touches your face.

You'll grow up in a house of music
So loud it will reach the rafters
A home of joy and family
A house of love and laughter

I can't wait to see you all dolled up
In your very first pretty dress
With beautiful bows tied in your hair
After all, there's boys to impress.

Maybe you'll sing as good as Mommy
Or play guitar as good as Dad
Maybe you'll be funny like Uncle Peter
Or just goofy like Uncle Chad


Whatever the case baby girl I love you
If you need me I'll be there
I can't wait to spend time with you
To show you how much I care

Listen to your Mom and Dad
When they tell you about the Lord.
For He cares for you even more than me
By Him you are loved and adored

See you when you get here! Love you already!

1 comment:

Diane Bouwman said...

What a wonderful poem you wrote to our grandaughter , Kahlan who was born into this world last night.
You couldn't have said it better .
She will be very loved just like our grandsons have been by the family.
We are Blessed already for little Kahlan and I can't wait to hold her in my arms .
Her grandma Diane